Thursday, September 9, 2010

computers vs. books

brenton came home from the park the other night and had hurt himself. he then got it into his head that he wanted to figure out why tears are salty. here is how the convo went...

walt: you can look it up in an encyclopedia
me: we don't have one
brenton: i have a book about the body (it would not be in this book)
me: let's look it up on the internet on the computer
brenton: NO I WANT TO LOOK IN MY BOOK
me: the computer is so much faster and it has tons of info to find quickly. watch i will do it right now

brenton then walks into his room, ignoring me, looking in his body book

me: ok, i have it. up on my computer. it is a perfect kid version. just for you. only two paragraphs that explain it.
brenton: NO
me: come on

he then drags his feet with his shoulders slumped over and plops in front of my computer...with anger seething in his eyes. he sits there. i watch him. he reads it. he then stands up and starts shlumping back to his room, completely angry at me for MAKING HIM READ ON THE COMPUTER.

me: so can you tell me why tears are salty?
brenton: GO READ YOUR OWN COMPUTER.
me: can you tell dad why tears are salty?
brenton: (completely said with sarcasm) HE HAS HIS OWN COMPUTER DOESN'T HE? TELL HIM TO GO LOOK IT UP.

he is not a little sweet boy anymore.

No comments:

wishing on the moon