Monday, August 25, 2008

Flying to Cali!!!!!

The big news is that we get to fly to California. Walter found tickets cheap enough to make it worth our money to fly. I am so excited no 2 day drive for us!!! Brenton is totally psyched and kylee is a little hesitant but i think she is excited too. I am somewhat worried as to how the baby will handle it. We have movie things for the kids to watch on the plane so they should be entertained well enough and it isn't a long flight. This is probably a perfect flight for a first time with kids since it is pretty quick. Although on our way back we have a 2 hour layover in Las Vegas where we switch planes, not really looking forward to that. I am so excited for my kids to experiance this, i didn't go on a plane until i was 14 years old and i had to go by myself, it was a little scary. I am kind of worried about how to pack stuff since there are so many restrictions on what you can put in your bags. AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I like being able to pack a big shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, etc..... for everyone. If anyone has any hints as to go about this please let me know and any hints on what to do with a 10 month old on a plane i would really appreciate it.


Love to all those who are excited for the Ruf's to fly to Cali!!!!!!!!!! PS Tessa came down with the croup last night UGH!! I guess i should be thankful it is happening now and not right before the trip. Brenton starts first grade tomorrow, he is growing up fast. Marci

2 comments:

Ross and Aubrey said...

I'm so excited for you guys to fly! And to see Disneyland :)
Good luck with the kids on the flight, I've never taken Brenna on an airplane, so let me know how it goes.

Lisa P. said...

I say check your luggage in. It's too much of a hassle to do carry ons. Keep Tessa in a stroller until you're on board. I didn't know you could have a stroller on there and it would've made life easier when we took hudson to south carolina. We carried in through the airport. I saw other people put their strollers on the plane. I think the flight attendants store it somewhere. Luckily your flight is an hour and a half and not 4. that was hard! We just sort of passed Hudson from person to person when he got fussy and maybe she'll sleep with the white noise of the airplane. I hope that helps. Have fun!

wishing on the moon