Monday, December 14, 2009

caught red handed

we have recently NEEDED to put child proof door handles on ALMOST all of the doors in our house. this is due to the fact that we have a two year old who can get into ANYTHING SHE SETS HER MIND TO. there is one problem though, if i forget to close a door to a room i do not want her to get into, her sensors go off and she runs DIRECTLY FOR THAT ROOM. this is one occurrence that happened the other night.
i have a nightstand sitting next to my side of the bed, for DRINKS, books, DRINKS, lotion, DRINKS, candy, and did i mention it is where i put my DRINKS. Tessa has learned that mommy keeps the REALLY GOOD SUGARY STUFF RIGHT NEXT HER. now, sitting right next to my nightstand is a plastic container with STUFF and on top of that container is another container of STUFF(OK, clothe diapers that i used whilst breastfeeding and i haven't bothered to put them away yet). Tessa has learned that if she throws ALL OF THE CLOTHE DIAPERS onto the ground and then throws that plastic container, she can stand on the other plastic container and reach all of the GOOD SUGARY STUFF THAT MOMMY KEEPS RIGHT NEXT TO HER. so when i got up to leave my room (leaving behind my SONIC LIME SUGARY COKE DRINK) i left my door open for 5 minutes to get a glass of water and AND she was in the kids bedroom with daddy watching a movie. i then walk back into my bedroom, and as i do this i turn off my light. i then walk around my bed to set down my water next to my SONIC LIME SUGARY COKE DRINK. the first red light goes off in my mind: were the clothe diapers all over the floor when i left the bedroom, because honestly i couldn't remember? the second red light goes off: my SONIC LIME SUGARY COKE DRINK isn't sitting right her next to my bed anymore, did i move it? i then put two and two together but there is no sight or sound of Tessa...anywhere. now remember, i had turned my light off so it was dark and Tessa was already in her DARK pajama's. so i start to peer more closely around my room and there in the corner i see a TWO YEAR OLD SITTING ON THE GROUND WITH A SONIC LIME SUGARY COKE DRINK IN BETWEEN HER LEGS HOLDING HER HANDS UP IN THE AIR...LIKE SHE HAD JUST BEEN CAUGHT ROBBING THE BANK AND WAS EITHER HOPING I WOULDN'T SEE HER OR HOPING I WOULD SEE THAT SHE HAD SURRENDERED!!

No comments:

wishing on the moon