Friday, December 25, 2009

my christmas eve...eve

first off...we bribed Brenton to not cry at school this week and we promised to take him to see the new Chipmunks movie. he did pretty good so we dropped Tessa off at my mom's and took the other two to see the movie on Wednesday night. when we came back to pick up Tessa, my sister Molly and i fought about where to eat on Christmas Eve. it is going to be just The Ruf's, my mom, and Molly so we decided, SCREW IT WE AREN'T COOKING WE ARE GOING OUT TO EAT. anyways, it wouldn't be Christmas without having FAMILY FEUDS going on everywhere. so we exchanged a few heated words with eachother about where to eat and she walked out the door. my mom then told me to call Marie Callender's and make sure they were open tomorrow night.

so, i get home and call Marie's and here is how that convo went...

ME: are you guys open tomorrow night?

MARIE: yes, we are open til 8

ME: do we need to make a reservation or anything for 7 people?

MARIE: laughter, laughter, and more laughter...i don't think it is going to be very busy here tomorrow night.

ME: ok, well i just didn't know cause i have never been out to eat on Christmas Eve.

MARIE: see you tomorrow night then.

ME: yep.

i then called Molly and told her that we were eating at Marie's to which she replied "ok, love ya". that's the great thing about family. you love them no matter what, cause you have to. you are stuck with them forever but, honestly there is no one else i would rather be stuck with than them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE FAMILIES WHO KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AND LOVE EACHOTHER AT THE SAME TIME!

1 comment:

MollyEmma said...

You have to admit...you were being a brat. I have never made it an issue that I am a vegetarian. NEVER. And you left out the part of the conversation when you stated in a bitchy tone that I have made it so difficult for the entire family everytime we go out to dinner or eat. This is not true as we have gone to Dave's, Iggy's, Texas Roadhouse, etc...and I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT and I could care less what you guys cook. NEVER HAS IT BEEN AN ISSUE. I just did not see the point going to a bbq place when 25% of the deciding vote does not eat meat. Heaven Forbid Molly gets to eat something enjoyable on Christmas Eve.

wishing on the moon