Friday, July 23, 2010

walked and walked and walked

see mom and dad i did pay attention in primary. i totally remember the monotony of the pioneer children song. here is what i have to say about Utah and their celebration about the 24th of July.
1. do you know what this holiday is about? if the answer is NO, then why are you celebrating?

2. are you happy that the pioneer children walked and walked to get to Utah? if the answer is NO, then you are like me. i think that they should have kept going to California. but i do feel bad for them so that cancels out my whole Cali thingy.

3. do you realize that this is a Mormon holiday? if the answer is NO, then why are you celebrating?

4. seriously, if you aren't a Mormon or don't care about Mormons or have Mormon family, THEN WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING?

this has always perplexed me, ever since i have been sleeping out at the parade site since i was a little girl. why were all of these nonmormons celebrating Mormons? maybe they enjoyed a good PARADE, maybe the enjoyed a good FIREWORKS SHOW, or maybe, just maybe, THEY ENJOY ANY EXCUSE TO PARTY ON DOWN!
HAPPY 24TH TO ALL UTAHN'S! cause i guess that, that is what it has turned into now. a Utah holiday.
PS...to my mother...brenton told me i had to listen to the missionaries tonight...i did...aren't you proud? then i went back to the bedroom to watch my time wasting TV. i love my life in my bedroom. it may be why none of us (including cousins) don't sleep out anymore! that, or we are just LAZY!

2 comments:

lookbothways said...

Hey, you loved watching the partiers. You loved walking up and down the route that night meeting boys. You loved sleeping at the park through the parade. Why you don't do this for your kids, and the rest of my children who don't go anymore a Mormon curse on you. I have done this for all of my life. b Even before people did it. I did it when I had babies and Dad stayed home with the babies for me. I did this until I was about 49. And now no9ne of my kids do it. Did all of you not enjoy it? Did you appreciate it? My thoughts are yes. So don't complain about nons or anybody who goes, cause you don't!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

wishing on the moon