Monday, November 23, 2009

apple pie of my eye

right now i am looking up pie recipe's on MARTHA STEWART'S website. i have just watched one of her shows and decided that i am going to make a pie FROM SCRATCH. i can do that. i think. while i am doing this i can't help but think about my DAD. his favorite holiday is THANKSGIVING. he loved the food and being with his family more than anything. i know that what he misses the most is spending time with his GRAND KIDS, WHO ADORE HIM, and ask me everyday when is grandpa coming home?
my dad always LOVED it when i would cook anything from scratch. he would always tell me, no matter what it was i had baked, that it was THE BEST (whatever i had attempted to bake/make) HE HAD EVER HAD!
so right now, as i am looking at pies that i want to make, i am thinking of my DAD and missing him so much that my heart is hurting. i want to make a pie just for him and send it to him. SANTA, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD DO THAT FOR ME?


i also went into Williams Sonoma to get some baking molds, among other things that i love there, and walked out with the pie mold that makes this. i also got the pecan butter pumpkin filling that they have...the kids and i are going to have a good time with that after Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Lisa P. said...

what a sweet post (pardon the pun;) hopefully this will be the last thanksgiving without your dad.

MollyEmma said...

And now do you understand why I want to do nothing on Thanksgiving!!??!! NOTHING.

nicole said...

You made me get watery eyes. It is the hardest during the holiday's. I am sad that i won't be able to try your pie. You will have to make another one just for me. Love you

wishing on the moon