Monday, November 30, 2009

lollipops and rainbows

my mom would love to tell this story. let me rephrase that. my mother would take GREAT PLEASURE IN TELLING THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THIS STORY! i know mom, i know, i know, i know, you are never going to let me live this down. i can see you at my funeral, or if you had already passed on you will have left a note saying read this at Marci's funeral, telling THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THIS STORY. i then would say, "hahahaha jokes on you, i am not having a funeral, SO THERE!". i totally digress, i just had to let the Internet know that my mom LOVES THIS STORY so much, and it just happened on Thanksgiving night. here goes.



since it was just going to be my mom, sister molly, and i for Thanksgiving together (along with everyone at my grandma Metcalf's) we decided to go see a late night movie at the movie theatre. i have already seen practically everything so i thought," hey, Marci what about seeing the new scary alien movie. hahaha that will be so much fun.". i am soooo stupid. so stupid. this alien movie, THE FOURTH KIND, scared the living poop out of me. and while it was scaring the living poop out of me, my mom and sister were sitting there laughing at me. so after about an hour of me sitting there with my stomach churning (which doesn't feel good at all after eating a Thanksgiving dinner) i had to excuse myself to the bathroom. oh and by the way, in the middle of the movie (the aliens disguise themselves as these spooky owls) my mom leans over and says to me, "Marci, that is how the aliens do it. they disguise themselves to look like something else." to which i yelled back to her, "NOT HELPING MOTHER".



so i am sitting in the bathroom for like five minutes thinking i am going to be sick when finally my stomach calms down and i realize it is the movie doing this to me. i decide to go back in and give it a try (the movie only had like 35 minutes left, you can do this Marci). as i am walking in the aliens are talking on a recorded tape IN THEIR ALIEN LANGUAGE! i sit down next to my mom and she tells me what i missed, i nod my head, sit there for another minute, then turn to them and say, "i can't do this. i thought i could. i feel like throwing up. i am going to go sneak into another movie to ride this out." i then stand up and leave with my mom and sister laughing me all the way out of the movie. i then start darting from theatre to theatre in the hallway where our movie was playing, all the while the ticket taking lady is staring at me. first theatre...2012, crap already saw that one. second theatre...The Fourth Kind (later showing), OMG GET ME OUTTA HERE. third theatre...Old Dogs, OK i can hang out here let me just find a seat, sit down, and...credits start rolling. fourth theatre...middle of Pirate Radio, too confusing to watch from the middle of. by now i have reached to ticket taking lady and she is just looking at me funny. i then turn to her and laughingly say, " yeah, i was just in the movie, The Fourth Kind, and it was making me sick. my mom is supposed to be in a showing of New Moon and i can't figure out what theatre that one is???" to which she replies, "oh, it's not showing in this area (or, sorry you are screwed. you are totally stuck with the movie you paid for. SUFFER!) so i smile and walk back and sit on a bench to wait it out.



while i am sitting on the bench i decide to start texting my hubby, who is in New Mexico, and tell him my story of the movie with lollipops and rainbows. luckily he keeps me entertained for about 20 minutes and then i get a text that says at 11:05, "sorry babe. i am falling asleep. it's been a long day. goodnight sleep well my love." now i need another way to entertain myself for another 10-20 minutes...then, this old guy walks out of the PUBLIC MOVIE BATHROOM WITH JUST HIS SOCKS ON. just his socks. no shoes. socks. and then he sits down on the bench across from me and starts making business calls. while he is making these business calls he says, "yeah i am here with my son in law seeing 2012". and i am just fascinated by the fact that he is sitting there in his SOCKS making business calls at 11:15ish PM and totally missing his movie! yep, he did it for me. he entertained me until my mom and sister came out. and my mom is all, "Marci, it was just like Communion! (she says this to me like three times). to which i reply to her three times, "MOM I NEVER READ THE BOOK OR ANY BOOK HAVING TO DO WITH ALIENS!". and then my mom and sister made fun of me for the rest of the night...wait, i mean MY LIFE!

PS Kyle was the only one who guessed on why my last post was named 300. doesn't the Internet love me enough to make some funny guesses? close Ky, sooo close. it was because it was my 300th post. i have actually never seen the movie 300, but think about watching it sometimes.

No comments:

wishing on the moon