Thursday, January 7, 2010

could you say that again?

at my last check up at the dentists office i had no cavities,which came as a complete shocker to me. i honestly couldn't remember the last time i had gone to check and was told "you are all good. see you in another 6 months."! so on Tuesday, while i was driving to the dentists office, i was thinking there is no way i will get good news 2 times in a row. i don't believe i have that kind of luck with my teeth. i mean, my teeth are really, really, really bad. B. A. D. i like to blame my genetics but, it may also have to do with the fact that i didn't start flossing until i was pregnant with Brenton. but now. oh but now, i floss EVERY NIGHT and i brush my teeth with a RX TOOTHPASTE. so, back to the dentists office on Tuesday. i arrive, she cleans my teeth, scrapes my teeth, flosses my teeth, brushes my teeth and then i wait...and wait...and keep thinking in my head "oh how many are there gonna be?". the dentist then comes in and looks inside my mouth and starts saying all this stuff to the hygienist and i just keep thinking "holy poop i am done for" and then he turns to me and says..."no cavities". to which i reply, "check again, i don't believe you. this couldn't happen two times in a row ha ha ha." and then he says, "well, you have a tooth that has a really big filling that should probably have a crown put on it. but it isn't anything that need to be done asap. just when you can or have the money." we have no dental insurance cause Walter doesn't think it is worth what we would be putting into it. and i am like "really? REALLY? with my mouth full of money and probably in the future will be worth a lot of money." i sometimes think about that. how much money is my mouth worth? because i have had A TON of work done on it. so i then ask him, "how much is a crown again?" and then he says, "$800". EIGHT. HUNDRED. DOLLARS. i think i need a HELP MARCI WITH HER TEETH FUND...DONATE HERE. OK Dr. R. i will see you as soon as i come up with the EIGHT. HUNDRED. DOLLARS.

2 comments:

MollyEmma said...

I am stressing out right now!! Sitting at work thinking...I ruined my fillings...I have dry socket because my gauze suction to my mouth...I seriously am having a panic attack!!!! I hate being me. I know I am going to get dry socket. I just know it. It would go in a line of luck that I have had my entire life.

Ross and Aubrey said...

Dental work is SO expensive and the dental assistants don't get paid enough :)

Good luck! At least you're staying on top of it and going every 6 months.

wishing on the moon