Friday, February 6, 2009

my "learned" LOVE

my next LOVE is sewing. this LOVE did not come easy to me. i of course took the mandatory home ec classes in school and not once did i feel a connection to the sewing machine. this could be the feminist in me that saw the sewing machine as a drudgery for women but, i think i just didn't really care to learn about it. it wasn't until later on in life (and by this i mean after having my children) that i "learned" to LOVE my sewing machine and all i can do with it. i can fix my childrens ripped seams, make "crafty whatnots" (or whatever it is that MARTHA is making), sew cute kids clothes, and make a quilt. this is why i LOVETH my sewing machine...


this is normally where my sewing machine resides...on the kitchen table. we normally eat at the counter.a skirt i put together and have made three others along with it.

a birthday present i made for my mom. i still need to put the binding on. i am not good at doing this and would happily pay someone to finish this part for me.



and on a side note i just have to show off kylee's hairdo today. i learned how to do it here. so many fun ideas. i think i will do the double heart on VDAY.
ps we are off to see Pink Panther 2 tonight with the kids, and i get a GNO saturday night to go see he's just not that into you. YEAH for me!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

that skirt is adorable. I'm impressed marci. i love the print.

Laura said...

You are so crafty. I'm jealous.

Lisa P. said...

I would so LOVE for you to teach me how to use MY sewing machine lol!

wishing on the moon