Thursday, February 12, 2009

my "self taught" LOVE

after having a baby and sitting at home coming up with more to do than clean and cook, i decided to teach myself how to crochet. i like having that feeling of accomplishing something and cooking and cleaning just doesn't do it for me. so i checked out a bunch of books from the library, bought me a crochet hook, and some yarn. i sat down and taught myself how to crochet. then, a few years later, i did the same thing with knitting. i feel like these are becoming two lost arts and hopefully it will lead to my kids wanting to learn. even Brenton has asked if i would teach him (now ask Walter how he felt about this, i don't know what he is worried about. big deal, a boy wants to learn how to knit.) my brother is now learning, along with his girlfriend, how to crochet and i couldn't think he was any cooler, applause applause!! so to all the BOYS out there, go ahead and pick up a crochet/knitting needles, 'cause i think that is AWESOME!
i taught myself how to knit in a round and made these cute arm/hand warmers, now kylee wants a pair.

this is a dress that i am in the process of knitting. i am so good at starting projects...finishing them, not so good. and now the baby has gotten to yarn and i have a big knot to clean up!!this is a blanket that i crocheted, fell in love with those colors.this is a hat that i am knitting and am almost done with.and another blanket that i crocheted.

the other day kylee was in the car and was moving her hands around and says to me "mom can you guess what i am doing?". i replied "no, what are you doing?". she then says, "i am KNITTING mom, just like you do? when are you going to teach me?".

1 comment:

MollyEmma said...

I want some hand warmers!! Will you teach me??

-Mo

wishing on the moon