Friday, February 27, 2009

i LOVE me mum and dad

well we have come to the end of the month...shwooooo that was hard. to be honest there were days that i wanted to complain about life but had to stay POSITIVE. i think i am only good at doing that for a month otherwise my head was going to burst. i don't think i was born with a strong postive thinking gene. the cynical definately overpowers that one...i keep trying to work on being and thinking on the postive side. but, i have come to accept who i am...now could someone please remind my husband of this (he LOVES to give me the think positive quotes that i HATE so badly...they just do not work on me and my brain). anyways, there is some of the old me creeping back into the blog hehehe, i am ending this month with LOVE for my mom and dad. i LOVE LOVE LOVE them so very very much. they have always been there for me no matter what the situation...they can also see straight through me when i have lied to them(i wasn't THE PERFECT TEEN/YOUNG ADULT). they gave me the parental curse of "marci i sure hope you have a child just like you so you can figure out how to deal with them"...fast forward to ..... kylee being born. the curse REALLY does work ( i should warn kylee).
my dad is the bestest father and grandfather ever. when he found out i was pregnant with Brenton his reaction was, "i can't wait to take him to the zoo...we are going to have such a good time". and to the zoo they went, numerous times now. and when my dad is back home where he belongs i am sure they will go many many more times.
my mom is also the bestest mom in the world. she has made it to all of my kids performances (along with my dad) and always makes a big deal out of them. notice the gift ky is holding per grandma being so proud of her. my mom has always supported me in all my choices when it comes to family issues and she will always tell me if i am in the wrong or right, regardless if i am her daughter or not (thank you for that).

how many grandpa's out there are willing to let their grandchildren crawl all over them and wrestle with them???? this picture was taken the day before my dad left...booooooo!!!
my mom always lets the grandkids do WHATEVER THEY WANT. i guess it is what all grandmothers are allowed to do. i can't threaten my kids when i am leaving my moms that they had better get in the car or they are being left behind. they just look at me and say,"can you bring my pajama's back and a change of clothes?"

1 comment:

MollyEmma said...

I love mom and dad too!!! Mom thinks I love dad more, but nay, this is not true...I am just a daddy's little friend!!!

-Mo

wishing on the moon