Thursday, March 5, 2009

breakfast for dinner

i got the idea for this dinner here. i have actually cooked up a bunch of her ideas for my family. we had the cranberry pull aparts for sunday breakfast...so yummy. i have always LOVED breakfast for dinner and it is just sooo easy to whip up. here is what happened on this night of pancakes and how my family felt about this idea...
the pancake on the left is the size of pancakes i was pouring. the pancake on the right is the size my husband wanted. the pancake in the middle is what happens when your anxious husband tries to shake some of the mix out of the blender and the lid pops off. amazingly enough he was able to flip it without breaking it (now that takes talent).this one would scream at you if you weren't constantly putting pancake into her open mouth.
brenton declared this to be his favorite dinner...ever. hmmm, i wonder if that has anything to do with the raspberry sauce and whip cream atop the pancakes.
kylee is showing me how much she loved the dinner (and she is just a goof ball in front of the camera). that coke in the picture is not hers...it's mine (don't worry we don't feed our children coke at dinner, we have told them when they are adults they can drink as much as they want...since walt and i are such wonderful examples in that area...hahahahaha).

1 comment:

lpettey said...

I love breakfast for dinner. My mom did that all the time. We would have german pancakes or french toast. Yummy! I think I need to do that more often. Great idea!

wishing on the moon