Thursday, October 29, 2009

the recessive gene


the other day walter wakes up and says to me, "guess who slept with me last night?"..."BRENTON". why i ask him? "because he got told a scary story by our next door neighbor. it took me awhile to figure out what his problem was but, then i remembered kylee getting mad at him for not wanting to go downstairs because of the STUPID DOLL STORY!" i say oh no not the doll story.
you all remember the doll story right? if you don't i am going to tell you the scary story about the doll that everyone hears about at one point in their life. here it goes...there once was a doll that had one green eye and one blue eye. the person who sold it to the family said whatever you do don't press the green eye. yadda yadda yadda, green eye gets pushed. little girl wakes up in the middle of the night and can hear I AM AT THE THE FIRST STEP, I AM AT THE SECOND STEP, I AM AT THE DOOR, I AM IN YOUR ROOM. when the family wakes up the little girl is dead and the doll now has five fingers held up instead of four...SHE HAS NOW KILLED FIVE PEOPLE! THE HORROR OH THE HORROR!
i have now discovered that brenton has the recessive metcalf scaredy cat gene. he will not be able to hear or watch anything scary until he is in his twenties. and even at that he will still have problems with say...ghosts (molly metcalf) or maybe aliens (marci metcalf) or maybe people that can disguise themselves to look like the wall (kyle metcalf) or he will just end up avoiding scary things altogether (nicole metcalf). see i told you it was a metcalf gene! in fact he has woken up every night since he heard the story. just the other night he came out crying saying that he could see "IT" on his bed. and walter says, "the doll again?". and then brenton yells back horrified, "DON'T SAY IT!!"
good news is, kylee DID NOT INHERIT THIS GENE! she has been sleeping like a baby all night long.

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

oh my gosh. I totally remember that movie with the person in the wall. I think we watched it at my house or it was on cable or something...I, like Nicole, avoid scary things as much as possible. there is enough scary things in real life instead of intentionally torturing myself.

wishing on the moon